The sun / Nikola-Film, Proline-Film, Downtown Pictures, Mact Productions [and] Riforma Film ; producers, Igor Kalenov, Andrey Sigle, Marco M�uller ; a film by Alexander Sokurov ; director of photography and director, Alexander Sokurov ; script by Yury Arabov ; executive producer, Evgeny Grigoriev.Material type: FilmPublisher number: LF-DVD-59 | Lorber FilmsLanguage: Japanese, English Publication details: [New York] : Lorber Films : Distributed by Kino Lorber, Description: 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 inContent type:
- two-dimensional moving image
- Solntse (Motion picture)
- Hirohito, Emperor of Japan, 1901-1989 -- Drama
- MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964 -- Drama
- Hirohito, Emperor of Japan, 1901-1989
- MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964
- Allied Occupation of Japan (1945-1952)
- World War (1939-1945)
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan -- Drama
- Japan -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1952 -- Drama
- 791.43/72 22
- PN1997.2 .S85 2010
- Editor, Sergey Ivanov ; art director, Elena Zhukova ; costume designer, Lidia Krukova ; music by Andrey Sigle ; fragments of cello suite No 5 performed by Mstislav Rostropovich ; Italian editor, Gabriella Brunamonti ; costume designer Italy, Rossella Procaccini.
|Item type||Current library||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode||Item holds||Course reserves|
|DVD||Karen H. Huntsman Library Audio Visual Materials||DVD 791.4372 Su711||1||Available||38060007488125|
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2005.
Special features: production notes by Alexander Sokurov; theatrical trailer; stills gallery.
Schedule for the day -- Cabinet of ministers -- Marine biology -- Nightmare -- Sakura blossoms -- The Americans -- General MacArthur -- Chocolate -- Photo op -- Havana cigars -- Divinity -- The empress.
Editor, Sergey Ivanov ; art director, Elena Zhukova ; costume designer, Lidia Krukova ; music by Andrey Sigle ; fragments of cello suite No 5 performed by Mstislav Rostropovich ; Italian editor, Gabriella Brunamonti ; costume designer Italy, Rossella Procaccini.
Issey Ogata, Robert Dawson, Kaori Momoi, Shiro Sano.
Chronicles the events leading up to Emperor Hirohito's momentous speech, the historic renunciation of his divine status, and his meetings with General Douglas MacArthur, the commander-in-chief of the occupying American forces, who advises his own president not to declare the Japanese leader a war criminal.
DVD; letterboxed (1.78:1), enhanced for 16x9 TVs; Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
In Japanese and some English, with optional English subtitles.
There are no comments on this title.